Tuesday, November 25, 2014

C3FF Week 12 Fantasy Wrap-Up

Monday Night Football - gotta love it or hate it for Fantasy Football.

As things turned out, Both myself and my opponent had "down" weeks and my team sitting Antonio Brown for his bye week didn't help. However, I needed about 14 from my one MNF player to win the match-up.

That one guy was a healthy Jimmy Graham, who had 19.7 FP when all was said and done. The Saints certainly seemed to do their best early to not give him any chances, running the ball (and failing) 4 consecutive times against the Ravens' run-stuffing defense. I guess Sean Payton isn't the "genius" we all thought he was, huh?

I had picked up Jonas Gray after his 4-TD performance the previous week, and stupidly started him. I had heard something about him oversleeping for a team meeting and I should have known Bill Belichick was going to put him in the doghouse, but have been very busy lately and I didn't make the FFL connection. Kenny Britt had a TD....that was called back. And with Arian Foster out and starting his back-up in Alfred Blue, I knew it would be a tough week to win but the FFL gods smiled upon me for a 109-104 victory. I'll take it.

Okay - now to the fun stuff. Actually, it has to do with a play made on Sunday night....I think most of you know what I'm talking about.

Odell Beckham, Jr.

I don't think I've ever seen social media light up the way it did in the immediate aftermath of "The Snare" that Beckham made with 3 fingers for a TD in a losing effort against the Cowboys. Many are saying it's the best-ever NFL catch. While it certainly wasn't made in a big game like a Super Bowl where ANOTHER Giant catch rules...."The Helmet Catch" by David Tyree. So while the Giants may be having problems, Head Coach Tom Coughlin was the single common denominator....oh, along with Eli Manning's random throws of course!

Trivia: I bet you didn't know "The Helmet Catch" was Tyree's final NFL reception.

Fantasy prize winner of the week is.....@aidendrakesdad!! Congrats to the Twitter-handle team for being the ONLY FFL team GM to have the smarts to start the RAMS defense, who scored a league-high 24 FP this week! I say kudos to him for having the brains to make that call - you deserve this week's prize!

Here are the standings after the Week 12 games:

League Rucker:

League Muhammed:

League Minter:

League Mills:




 Thanks to all for a GREAT first season of C3 fantasy football! We will hopefully have many, many more to come!

 - The Commish


No comments:

Post a Comment