Tuesday, November 11, 2014

C3FF Fantasy Wrap-up Week 10

All good things must come to an end, and that's what happened to yours truly yesterday. I had half my team on the bench due to bye weeks (Brady, Foster, and A. Bradshaw) and had to start 2 TEs in Jimmy Graham and Travis Kelce just to have a valid roster. I still managed 123 FP, helped greatly by the Panthers' complete ineptitude on offense last night.

It's usually a poor showing when a defense is your top scorer, and I started the Philadelphia Eagles with their opportunistic defense against the Panthers. I had to start Joe Slacko during Brady's bye week and Slacko only had 11 FP for me. Hey, that's why he's a back-up. But the Eagles' D put up 36 FP for me...."holy shaving cream, Batman!" I know - surprised me too, but I felt so strongly a ball-hawking defense against our completely inept offense could really rack up FP, and I was right. They just couldn't get the 6 TDs and 15 sacks I needed to win my overall match-up!

Well, last night team Catch Me if you Cam couldn't be caught. I still had the 5th-highest FP total in my league despite my bye-week blues, but Catch Me if you Cam had his full complement including Peyton Manning, DeMarco Murray, Dez Brant and Brandon Marshall. Kudos to CMiyC in leading League Rucker with 168.3 FP last week - well done! Too bad you couldn't come up with an original name (there's another team with the same name in League Mills), but it's all about the fantasy points. You could have the coolest and most original name, but if you're in last place by this point, your name is Mudd - the doctor who cared for John Wilkes Booth's broken leg he suffered after assassinating President Lincoln. Yep, that's where the saying comes from.

This week's contest isn't about who did so well but rather who had the least-productive fantasy team out of all the "lower 48." Who might THAT be?

That distinction of futility goes to team 4JHustle in League Minter. From the looks of things, he was actively trying to get this award since he didn't bother to switch out DeSean Jackson OR Reggie Wayne who are on bye weeks.

Ooookaaaay then. I guess it just goes to show you CAN SUCK if you really want to. That's easy...it's winning and scoring lots of fantasy points that is the hard part! At least he'll have a prize to show for it! I'm not sure if congrats or condolences are in order, but this week's prize is yours.

League Rucker:




League Muhammed:



League Minter:



League Mills:


No comments:

Post a Comment