Wednesday, November 26, 2014

C3FF "The Big Game" Playoff Teams are in!

Hey folks, once again it's your goofy Commissioner, "First and" Ken of Carolinacatchronicles.com and I'm bringing you the 12 of 48 teams that climbed that first big hurdle and made it to the first annual C3FF league playoffs!

But first, I wanted to share with you exactly HOW razor-thin some of these margins can be. One TD, one penalty, one dropped pass one player missing part of one game....any of these things actually CAN and often DO make the difference in your FFL team making the playoffs and sitting at home - I'm a case in point.

Two weeks ago, I lost my matchup to team Ron Top of the World by 4.2 FP. That's the equivalent of a QB tossing a 5-yard TD pass - 4 FP for the TD pass and 0.2 for 5 yards. That's it. If Ahmad Bradshaw hadn't broken his foot and left the game early, he likely would have scored more than the 4.5 FP he scored in the first half. 

I'm not sitting here making excuses as to why I didn't win my league. All teams have to deal with the same issues at some point or other. With the head-to-head format, match-ups matter and I'm trying to illustrate how and why details and due diligence matter. 

Had any one of the "breaks" (no pun intended, Ahmad) gone my way that week, however, I'd have been the WC winner because I'd have won the tiebreaker. I also had the top-scoring team in my division which would have put me in first place in a points-only league, but we don't like those because it's nearly impossible to catch up those last couple of weeks and it's an anti-climactic format.

I simply want to impress upon any owners who might be a little down for not making the playoffs this year. Remember - only 1 team in 4 makes it, and the point I made above is just your Beloved Commish's way of passing along my own league's experience to the rest of you. That's why you #KeepPounding in both the NFL and in FFL games. You work hard, do your research (film study in the NFL's case), put your best guys out there to start the game and let the chips fall where they may.

If you're ever in a league where you need to put together a few wins towards the end just to have a chance, play each game as if it were your last. You never know when it'll be YOUR turn to get a hot team with a number of guys getting hot at the same time and making YOUR team nearly unstoppable. I had that happen in mid-season when I out-scored all 47 teams in 2 of 3 weeks, and had the second-highest total that 3rd week.

If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone! 

That said, I and everyone here at C-Cubed wanted to thank everyone for participating, we hope to see you next season, and don't forget to keep putting your lineups in - we DO have the "consolation round" to go!

C3FF Playoff teams:

Rucker division winners: Catch Me if you Cam, the fig newtons. WC is Kony Island

Muhammed division winners: Homey the Clowney's, I am Your Father. WC: Proehlific

Minter division winners: Not so Lazy Susans, Show Me Your TDs. WC: Free Gordon (via 4-0 division record - No HTH game involved so it went to the 2nd tiebreaker here)

Mills division winners: @Keep Pounding, RustyNails. WC: Cool Hand Lukes

Enjoy the playoffs, folks! At least I don't have to do any work on my FFL team for the Thanksgiving Day games!

 - The Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment