Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 2 C3 Fantasy Wrap-Up and Contest Winner

Week two of the Inaugural CarolinaCatChronicles.com fantasy football league is in the books, and WOW what a finish to the fantasy circuit last night! If you had Darren Sproles, you're a happy GM this morning more likely than not. If you had Ahmad Bradshaw, probably the same - although I have him and had him on the bench, costing me a win, I picked him up simply because he's the unproductive Trent Richardson's backup and the far more explosive of the two back on a passing team in Indianapolis. Oh well, live and learn. At least I'm that much stronger for doing it, while ditching Bishop Sankey for being lost in a crowded backfield for now.





WEEKLY CONTEST WINNER:

Congrats to the winner of this week's "most receptions" category which was team Carolina Punishers in League Muhammed with 35. I was actually close on this one myself, with 32 total catches.

It's weeks like this one where you want to watch the waiver wire because of the carnage beginning to pile up. Several key injuries, including RG3 (which isn't shocking), sent fantasy owners scrambling.

You have to be both lucky (injury-wise) AND good to more or less "win" a fantasy league simply via the draft. Just like any, you'll have bargains and you'll have under-producers - like those who took Jamaal Charles in the top-four this year - while still others come out of seemingly nowhere to arrive on the fantasy scene. 

Those are the guys you've gotta hang your hat on the waiver wire for.

Congrats also to team Rusty Nails of League Mills with the week's highest FP total of 140.14. 

Despite stupidly (JUST picking!!) starting Matt Stafford against the Carolina defense, Jordy Nelson, Terrance West, and Julio Jones all had outstanding fantasy weeks for him en route to a close 140.14-131.44 victory over the unlucky team Keuch'n Ass 'n Takin' Names team, who scored 3rd in their league for the week. Now, that's what I call a tough loss!

Here's a look at all four league standings as of this morning (click on each to enlarge):

League Rucker:







League Muhammed:


League Minter:



League Mills: 





Keep in mind, this league is FAR from over - especially if you had a dismal first two weeks.

You see, after only a pair of games, there are only 15 2-0 teams left out of 48, so that itself shows how competitive the leagues are. Less than a third of all the teams have managed to win both their games, and just having looked at the scores, many of them were quite close, including my own narrow 128-119 defeat. Unfortunately, they had Aaron Rodgers, the NFL's top FP producer last week. Then again, I countered with TE Jimmy Graham whose 30.8 FP nearly matched those of AR-12's 36.84, so I can't really complain. The breaks didn't go my way quite enough so I'm always looking for a new angle.

Remember, however, at the top of the post....I may have lost, but I discovered Ahmad Bradshaw. I've got him inserted in my week 3 starting lineup at one of the flex positions instead of starting WR Antonio Brown against the "Carolina Curtain" defense.

That reminds me, we need a cool nickname for that D. Maybe "The Seven Wonders" for our front-seven? Post your ideas!


4 comments:

  1. I like the Seven Wonders, another famous seven is the "Seven Deadly Sins", but with everything going on in the NFL right now, it may not be the wisest decision.

    PS. What was this weeks prize? Congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEPanthersFan, I don't have the list of weekly prizes but notified the Professor and suggested we publish a comprehensive list to post under the "prizes" tab, even if it's just a list without a photo each week at least people would know what the actual prize is. I thought we had done it but we haven't yet. I'm gonna see if we can't get a list up sometime this week. BTW I think you're right about staying away from "Seven Deadly Sins" - it's asking for ridicule in the current political climate around the NFL, but otherwise has a good "football" pedigree and would have been a good suggestion I think.

    @Matthew I like that one too. Maybe they'll earn a cool nickname this year that'll stick. They deserve one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, sorry about the formatting on the league standings and the headers but something weird was going on with the editing software while I was putting this up and I couldn't get it straightened out. I figured you guys are smart enough to be able to figure it out though.

    ReplyDelete