Tuesday, September 30, 2014

C3 Week Four Fantasy Wrap-up

The last couple of weeks have been weird ones for the NFL. The Panthers went from....well, Panthers to kittens. Maybe I'll be picking up a Panther tomorrow morning when I'm scheduled to pick up a black kitten from a friend. He's at least one of the two team colors, and I I'm taking name suggestions for the 8 week old lil tyke. It's a male, so leave a comment if you have a suggestion - no matter how odd it might be. ;)





Keuchin' It Old School won the contest for the week. Congrats for starting Kirk Cousins and tallying the most interceptions, woot! Several of you started Cousins, but Keuchin' it had the most fantasy points for the tiebreaker, so congrats to Kecuhin' it Old School for week four! Contact the Professor here at C-cubed for info on your prize. I don't know what the prizes are - I just "work here."

It looks like the Commish's team is fading into fantasy irrelevance. My thought that Tom Brady would have a great year now that he's had a season to get young receivers acclimated looks disastrous so far both fantasy-wise and on the field as his Patriots took a 41-14 shellacking at the hands of the lowly Kansas City Chiefs.

To be fair, I could have started Flacco for real but even if I had started Eli, who bizarrely led NFL QBs in FP this past weekend (partly due to the Redskins' defense, whom I also started), and still lost. I ran into a buzzsaw named the Fig Newtons who laid down 152 FP on me while I had only 93. I think Flacco's starting for me from here out! And no more bad defenses just because they face bad offensive teams. Funny how bad offenses become great when playing bad defenses, huh? I'm beginning to wonder if I should just start whoever the Panthers' D is playing....it's looking that bad right now, sports fans. Sad days lately for us.

In that vein, a month into the NFL season, things often look different than they did in the draft. Sometimes we get lucky, sometimes not. Looks like I was right about certain things and wrong about others, so it's a typical year.

Biggest regret in the draft right now is not taking Le'Veon Bell due to the uncertainty surrounding him at the time with the marijuana-in-the-car deal. Apparently, Ray Rice has overshadowed that, and Bell has yet to be punished and I'm not sure he even will be at this point. Yes, I knew he was "the guy" in Pittsburgh on the ground but wasn't sure about the suspension. Wish I would have taken him, but instead I got teammate Antonio Brown. Brown's even exceeding my own expectations, so I really can't complain.

My biggest mistake was drafting Tom Brady in the 4th round. As I touched on above, I really thought that year of familiarity would translate on the field into offense, but no such luck. I did grab Flacco, who is having a top-ten FP season so far, so it's not entirely bad. Just a wasted 4th-round pick.

At any rate, be sure and GET THOSE LINEUPS SET BY THURSDAY NIGHT!

Above all, have FUN!

 - The Commish


No comments:

Post a Comment