Tuesday, October 28, 2014

C3FF Fantasy Wrap Up: Week Eight

You guys....I swear. I am dealing with a bunch of SLACKERS anymore!

You "other 47" teams have let Your Commissioner outscore each and every one of you for the second time in three weeks!

Slackers I say! Just think of the bald-headed school guy from "Back to the Future." Slackers!

Indeed, the Carolina Rifles had 212.16 FP this week. Read the points and CRY, folks! :)

The second place guy was 212.06, so it isn't like I obliterated the entire field. Just almost the entire field. Oh - I am now in first place in my division after tiebreakers of points scored.1,082.78...only team Show Me Your TDs in league Minter is higher over the entire season. Tough division too with 4 teams at 5-3, one at 4-4, and the last place one is at 3-5.

Okay, enough of my trash talking. Hey, I earned the right with my team's recent performance. Tom Brady, Arian Foster, and Antonio Brown haven't hurt. An no Tony Romo to fumble the game away!

Anyhow - to the point. This week is the "Even Steven" Award to the team that scored the 24th most fantasy points last week. At least I know I didn't win this week's prize. Who did?

Team "Where'dOurMonstersGo?" won the Humdrum slot of the week, finishing 24th overall in FP scored with 123.86, and that would be our own Mel Mayock of CarolinaCatChronicles! Oh, this is great too. Not only can I yank his chain about being the "most mediocre team," he'll have the prize to prove it. I feel a fit of the giggles coming on a la Mel's last podcast appearance.

I have to admit, while doing the actual calculation wasn't difficult, it was a little eye-crossing looking at all the close scores and decimals. A quick note on the methodology I used:

What I did was eliminated the highest scorers first, so I started with MYSELF, ha! I worked backwards until I hit 16 teams, then the scores started to bundle around the center of that Bell curve, so I worked backwards in the 140s, then the 130s, and when I hit the 120s, I saw that THAT was the area where the needle would get hit. So, I started with the highest in the 120s and counted in descending order to find the 24th highest score. Since the game lists each team's weekly scores in the left-hand column, all I had to do was open 4 browsers, set one for each league, and compare.

Since "Mel" is a member of C-Cubed, I triple checked to make sure he is the righteous winner, and he is. I re-checked by counting the number of each teams scoring MORE than 123.86 in each league and that answer was 23, verifying the calculation as correct.

As usual, I'm posting the update overall team standings below:

League Rucker:


League Muhammed:


League Minter:


League Mills:



Mel's never going to hear the end of this one.

 - The Commish


No comments:

Post a Comment