Tuesday, October 21, 2014

C3 Fantasy Wrap-Up: Week Seven

Well, the Panthers have managed to be .500 with an odd number of games played. With the way the rest of the NFC South is playing, I'm thinking 7-7-2 could win this division.

Whatevah! I say that because Stah Set the Bah wins this week's C-Cubed fantasy football prize for Most Yards Passing. Four teams started Andrew Luck who led the NFL in passing for the week with 344 yards.

However, the tiebreaker is FP scored, and Stah Set the Bah quite high with 158.56 for the week, greatly out-distancing the second-place team who had 117 FP.

But I GOTTA give a shout-out to Where'dOurMonstersGo in League Mills. He led the C3 FFL in total FP scored last week with 170.66! That is TORCHIN' folks!

It also happens to be the second consecutive week one of the crew here at CarolinaCatChronicles.com has led the entire 48-team field in fantasy points scored. Last week, it was yours truly with 186.24 and this week it's our own Mel Mayock with the 170+.

The rest of you folks gotta get on the ball! You're letting Mel and myself put the SMACKDOWN on you recently, and fantasy football isn't about how you start, it's about how you finish in the playoffs.

Maybe we need to make a prize for any team that out-scores either Mel or myself, whoever had the better score between us? I'll reach into my own personal money and offer not a case, but a pack of Ramen Noodles....

My own week came down to Monday night as my opponent had about a 2 or 3-point lead heading into last night, but I wasn't worried. His kicker, Shane Suisham, had yet to play, but I had both Arian Foster and Antonio Brown going and they were the offensive stars of their relative teams last night. Besides, if I can't beat a kicker with my top WR and top RB, I don't deserve to win. But I pulled away to win fairly comfortably, 131-112. Antonio Brown's TD pass didn't hurt, either.

Now that the housekeeping is taken care of, here are the current league standings:






Hang in there, everyone...still time to make moves and improve your team! Oh, btw, congrats to 13 Degrees of Kelvin Benjamin for her first C3 FFL victory last week! No Detroit Lions jokes in THIS league this year now! Team "I'm Ron Burgandy" is playing like his namesake might, so there's SOME justice in that. Come on, Ron, win one for yourself and FORGET the "Gipper!" ;)

- The Commish

1 comment:

  1. Just wish I had won like that Week 1 instead of losing 5 straight. But Keep Pounding.

    ReplyDelete